Questions & Answers:
What kind of photography do you do?
- Really awesomely good photography. :) My wedding photography is in a bit of a natural documentary style. I got my start photographing landscapes all over the country and selling my nature and landscape photos back in January of 2001. I have landscape prints hanging in personal collections as well as several Midwest universities and doctors offices. I feel that nature has a big influence on how I shoot and compose wedding pictures. In addition to that I also want to tell a story of your day through pictures. Getting everything from the getting ready stuff to all of the cool happenings at the reception depending on how long you want me there. Aside from the couple formal pictures (have to get those for the parents!) I like to remain invisible throughout the day. Think of me as a ninja with several cameras hanging around my neck.
How much time do I need?
- If you’re looking for early reception coverage or your ceremony and reception are at the same venue my 6-hour coverage may work though it would be good to get the reception events done sooner if you want to guarantee pictures of the dances, etc. If you’d like me to capture through the grand march and all important dances 9 hours would work the best (it's what I book the most). Now, if you want me at the salon and then tagging along throughout the whole day the 11-hour coverage would be best (I love going to the salon! Great pictures!). For good storytelling pictures I would recommend at least 9 hours. If you’re looking for something a bit smaller on a Sunday just send me an email as I do offer custom 4 hour coverage starting at $1700. This coverage is also available on Saturdays from December 1st to March 31st.
When should the pictures start on the wedding day?
- On a normal wedding day I would typically arrive about 2 hours before the ceremony. With that time I'll shoot some of the details like the dress, shoes, rings, etc as well as some of the preparations like hair and makeup and getting dressed. If you would like to get some of the family pictures done before the ceremony I'd need to arrive a bit earlier. Probably 3-3.5 hours before the wedding.
I have a big family and we're going to need a lot of posed pictures. Can you handle that?
- Yup! I think that the family pictures are a very important part of the wedding day. How often does a large group of family get together in one place? I can usually get those pictures done pretty quick. Usually takes about 20 minutes to a half hour. Just be forewarned that they will take longer if we have to find certain missing persons. Warning family members ahead of time will help a bunch and make the session go quickly. Also, having a designated person who knows the family (and has a loud voice :) ) to call out names helps.
What are your wedding packages?
- Click here to check out an easy to view and print PDF of my prices and info. If you can't open the PDF please shoot me an email and I'll send you a copy.
Do you customize wedding packages?
- Of course! If you don't see a package that fits let me know and we could work out something that fits your wedding day. Just drop me an email or give me a call at 920-379-0962.
Are you available on my wedding day?
- Probably... Maybe... ;) Send me an email or give me a call and I can let you know. If I do happen to be booked for your date (dang it!) I can send you a couple great referrals of photographers for whom I have worked with in the past and are almost as awesome as myself. :)
How much do I need to put down to hold my wedding day?
- With a signed contract a booking fee of $1000 is required to hold your date with the remainder paid 30 days before the wedding date. I do it this way so I don't have to chase you down on the wedding day and it is one less thing to worry about on the big day. Other payment plans are also available if needed.
Can you hold my wedding date?
- I cannot unless kittens, pizza, root beer or cheese curds are involved. Really, to be fair to other couples I book my wedding dates on a first come first serve basis. If you're mailing me the contract let me know and I'll give you a week or so for that to arrive.
What if I don’t use the engagement session?
- Perhaps if you’re planning your wedding from out of state you may not need the engagement session. If you decide not to use the engagement session in the Complete and Total Collections, it can be used as an extra hour towards your wedding coverage. Otherwise it has no cash value.
What is the print credit?
- These are the prints included with your wedding coverage. You want awesome prints for the living room wall, right? I hope you do. I don't want your flash drive sitting in a drawer either. You can use this to get some enlargements of your wedding pictures or it can also be used for enlargements of your engagement pictures.
How long do I wait for my pictures?!?!
- I don't want you to wait for your pictures and I don't like to wait either. I want you to see them while still on the "wedding high" and while everyone still kind or remembers the day. Approximate turnaround time for your images (the actual flash drive) is about two to three weeks…usually less. The slide show and online proofs of your wedding will be up on the website within 5-6 days of the wedding. If you friend me on Facebook (click me!), you might be tagged in a couple pictures within a day or so of the wedding as I love posting teasers and previews!. The hardcover books will take a while longer (about 1-2 months or so after images are chosen for the book). I will get them to you as quick as possible without sacrificing quality.
Where can my friends and family order pictures and how much?
- You can order pictures at: http://kencravillionphotography.pixieset.com. Reprint prices are: 4x6--$6 5x7--$12 8x10--$20 11x14--$45 16x20--$90. Please inquire if you would like custom canvas or metal prints for your walls.
Do you include a flash drive with all of the pictures?
- Yup, you get a cute little wooden flash drive in a lovely linen/paper box. The personalized flash drive included with each package has the full resolution pictures. This means that you can print your images and there will be no limitations as to what you do with them even if you want to put a 30x40 inch picture of yourselves over the couch. Included on the flash drive will be a PDF print release file. That said I still retain copyright to the photos and may use them for promotional purposes. Most likely just my website portfolio gallery. When you get your flash drive I do recommend backing the files up on another hard drive or two. Always good to have an extra copy stowed away somewhere.
How about albums?
- Yup! As you can see I offer a couple lovely albums with my wedding packages. Both the 9 and 11 hour coverages include a linen book with 20 pages. Upgrades to leather are available for the 9 and 11 hour packages as well as upgrading the number of pages! All books include 80-100 pictures tastefully designed to tell the story of your wedding day with your input. I'll need 20-30 of your favorite pictures from the wedding day as well.
How many pictures do you shoot?
- Between 1 and 10,000. Ha ha! Enough to get all of the great pictures from your day! Really though with the 6-hour coverage you’ll get between 200-400 pictures and with a higher hour coverage you’ll get between 300-600 pictures. I can’t give an exact amount because every wedding day is different.
What type of equipment do you use and do you bring backup equipment?
- I shoot with my daughter’s My Little Pony Camera or my iPhone 12 Pro Max most of the day. Really great cameras! They allow me to be quite unobtrusive and I can post the pictures to Instagram (with fun filters!) and Facebook right away! Just kidding… I use Sony digital cameras and a large assortment of professional lenses and flashes. I am kind of a gear collector. :) These cameras and lenses allow me to shoot without a flash allowing me to be pretty ninja-like... Also, the cameras are completely silent which is great when photographing in a church. That way I can remain inconspicuous and let you go about your day. I also bring backups of everything. Cameras, lenses, flashes, pants, underwear, etc…. I’m covered if something happens.
Do you have insurance?
- Abso-freaking-lutely. Not only do I have insurance on all of my gear but I also have liability insurance in case the worst happens. Some venues require liability insurance and I can provide that document if needed. Please give me three weeks before the wedding to get it.
What do you wear?
- Sometimes I wear pants. And maybe a shirt. If you're lucky. Really, I try to blend in like a guest with 2-3 large cameras hanging around my neck! Really, to perform my best I need to be comfortable so lightweight but dressy clothes are the norm... Usually black or dark grey.
Do I have to feed you?
- I do occasionally get hungry. I can eat with the guests if you’d like. The crazier the better! If you have assigned seating, closer to the front table is better as I may need to get up there quick for pictures of the speeches or you two kissing. And don't laugh when I ask for the kids meal.
How many weddings have you done?
- All of them! Quite a few actually! 400+ weddings in the last 16 years. Ken Cravillion Photography has officially been in business since January 24th, 2001 and photographing weddings since 2005.
What if you get sick?
- Easy… I don’t get sick. I have been working 18+ years and I have been sent home twice and called in once at my various jobs and I have never missed a wedding. Ever. Rest assured I do have a network of excellent photographers to call on if the worst happens.
What else do you do besides weddings?
- Being awesome! Ha ha... I like to hang out with family and friends. I’ve got two little girls that are just so dang cute that I spend all day with. I also enjoy nature and nature photography… Check out the nature photography section of my website to see what I do and where I like to go. Also, nature photography I feel is a big influence on my wedding photography and how I compose and see your pictures.
Do you travel for weddings?
- Heck yea! I primarily serve Northeast Wisconsin including Door County and the surrounding area. Travel to locations within 2 hours of Oshkosh, Wisconsin is at no extra charge. Locations beyond 2 hours (a moon wedding would be cool or Iceland. Hint hint..) is subject to extra charges such as lodging, gas, space travel, food, etc... Basically, if you want me there no matter where, I will be there. I love to travel!
Photographer for life?
- Yes! Not only do I photography weddings… I am available for your family photos, maternity photos as well as photography of your new baby. And when that baby gets bigger I can do their senior pictures.